STRATEGIC CONSULTING SERVICES
AFRITAM provided support for the development of a SMART City Strategic Plan 2021-2026 to the Department of Information Systems, Kampala Capital City Authority in the financial year 2019/2020.
The services included;
- Review the vision and mission based on Department’s mandate;
- Review the Department’s past strategic plan and perform a situation analysis of operations to-date;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis using strategic Plan Development tools;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the Department’s mandate, identified strategic objectives and Key Result Areas.
- Identify the Strategic Initiatives/projects with clear and measurable impact on the objectives to which they are aligned with the SMART City Infrastructure.
- Identify strategic risks; develop a risk prioritization matrix covering identification, likelihood and mitigation of the risks, which would hamper the execution of the plan.
- Determine indicative budget for each specific Activity/project and/or initiative;
- Formulate M&E Framework for Implementation of the strategic Plan.
- Conduct stakeholder engagements through meetings and focused group discussions;
- Conduct a dissemination workshop (Retreat) for strategic plan validation and approval.
- Train the strategic plan committee members; and
- Finalize the SMART City Strategic plan and submit to the Department.